policy terms and conditions
to be read in conjunction with the faq's that relate to the policies below. if there is a contradiction between the faq and the policy on this page, these policies take precident.
moochi money policy
the below terms and conditions and related faq's are deemed accepted by you in signing up for and using moochi money.
we calculate the moochi money you earn, on qualifying purchases, by using the ‘accumulated value of qualifying purchases’ reaching the specified value. we will then calculate your moochi money and credit your account when this value is reached. the specified value may be changed from time to time without warning. moochi money itself does not count toward the specified value.
you must provide to us a valid email address and cellphone number to join the system, and keep these active. failure to keep these valid and active (i.e. unsubscribing or opting out of communications from moochi) will terminate your account and expire any moochi money balances on the account. you agree to moochi sending you marketing communications using this email address and cell phone number. you are free to unsubscribe and opt-out of communications, understanding that you are terminating your moochi money programme.
to help us record your moochi money accurately, you must provide your customer number and/or email address when making a qualifying purchase at any participating moochi store or online. we are not responsible for any moochi money that doesn't appear in your account if a sales person fails to credit moochi money to your account or for any other reason. we will only enter into discussions or correspondence with you, about crediting missing moochi money to your account if you supply proof (the original purchase receipt) of your qualifying purchase. your claim for missing moochi money must be made within 30 days of the original purchase date
moochi money may only be earned through making qualifying purchases and redeemed by the person named on the account. moochi money is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
you cannot earn moochi money on qualifying purchases that are not paid for in full or to the extent that the applicable purchase transaction is returned, refunded, or where payment is disputed or is likely to be disputed. returns must be accompanied by the original receipt. refunds will have the proportionate value of any moochi money redeemed in the transaction, deducted before being credited back to the customer.
we reserve the right to retrospectively adjust your account in the event of incorrect entries due to our mistake or otherwise. we will not provide any consideration for any moochi money that we deduct.
the terms of this programme may be varied from time to time, without warning, at the absolute sole discretion of moochi management. changes will be notified to all account holders by way of the valid and active email address associated with the account and posting the updated policy on the website. we will not provide any consideration for benefits gained or lost by these changes.</>
termination of your moochi money programme; we reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice and without giving a reason for doing so. we will not provide any consideration for moochi money you've earned but not redeemed, at the time of termination.
moochi inn at ballantynes christchurch is not a participating store, you can earn but not redeem moochi money at this store.
the below terms and conditions and related faq's are deemed accepted by you in purchasing from any moochi stores and websites
it is the customers responsibility to get the goods being returned to one of our specified returns addresses for assessment. we recommend using a trackable, signature required courier for all shipments as we will not be liable for goods that do not arrive. the customer is responsible for the goods being returned until they have been accepted and signed for at the return address by an employee. acceptance of the shipment does not mean acceptance of the return. once accepted at the address the goods will be assessed under our returns policy terms.
goods returned that do not meet our policy terms, will be returned to the customer after payment of additional shipping costs or the customer can pick up the goods from the return address for free. Goods will be stored for 1 calendar month before being on sold to offset costs, the balance from any sale will be refunded to the customer.
proof of purchase must accompany all returns, without proof of purchase we cannot accept the returned goods.
the assessment of goods being returned is at the sole descretion of moochi or an appointed 3rd party. if you do not accept our assessment of the goods being returned you should seek advice on your rights under the consumer guarantee act of new zealand, we will uphold all of your rights under the act.
some products are unable to be returned, unless faulty, for: hygine reasons; personalised or customised goods.
Privacy & Security
moochi values you, our customer and respects your privacy. we collect information about you through our website, in an effort to improve your experience with us, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. as described in this policy, we may under certain circumstances share your information among third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service we think may interest you.
if you have any questions about our privacy policies please contact the head office via the ‘contact us’ page. by using our website and/or providing information to us, you consent to this policy.
personal information we may collect
we generally collect your personal information directly from you. for example when you subscribe to the mailing list, enter details to complete your online transaction, complete surveys, enter promotions etc... generally the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, e-mail address, and phone numbers, age, gender etc… … if you do not give this information, we may not be able to provide goods or services to you.
further when you visit our websites, we may collect more information about your visits, website activity and record the following information for statistical purposes:
- your ISP server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the name of the web page directing you
- the type of browser you are using
- your clicks and activity on our site
how we may use your personal information
moochi collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- to communicate with you and to send you information by text, email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions or the products and services of others, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- to administer and fulfill our promotions
- to help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- to enhance your shopping experience
- to analyse trends and statistics
- to protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- to contact you for other reasons we deem necessary
however, these emails and texts will always include an ‘opt-out/unsubscribe’ facility, please see the section below called ‘can i make choices about receiving promotional communications?’
how we may disclose your personal information
we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our logs and records.
- with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers etc. we do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information
- when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers
- to conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law
- to protect our rights or property or those of our related companies
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to act in the interest of our, or our related companies, customers or others.
can i make choices about receiving promotional communications?
moochi wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. if you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can choose to opt-out/unsubscribe from email promotional communications by clicking the ‘manage your subscription’ link in the body of the email.
however please be aware that if you opt-out/unsubscribe you may lose any benefits associated with being subscribed to our communication systems, without warning.
if for some reason the opt-out/unsubscribe functions do not work you can contact head office through the ‘contact us’ page on the website. please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from moochi. if you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honour your request. it may take up to 10 working days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from moochi.
if you change your mind you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our website or our stores or when you contact our web administration.
please note that if you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
gaining access to information we hold about you
you can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online websites (such as your name and contact information). to access your information on the moochi websites, simply log in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
we will, on request, update the personal information we hold about you unless there is an exception, which applies under the privacy act. your request to obtain access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. moochi may recover from you its reasonable cost of providing you with access. if we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the privacy act.
our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
you can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. if you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
security of your personal information
we protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, modification, loss, disclosure and unauthorised access from external parties. your personal information may be stored either in hard copy documents or as electronic data in software or in files on our hardware systems. we maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data stores and premises, such as locks, security systems, computer and network security; for example: we use firewalls and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer system.
what about links to other websites
our websites may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. these websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to review them. we have no responsibility for linked websites, and provide them solely for your information and convenience.
we may review this policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes by posting an updated version on this page.
how to contact us
general terms & conditions
this agreement is a contract between the customer ("you") and clothing journey new zealand ltd, trading as moochi. registered office c/-gilligan rowe & associates ltd, level 6/135 broadway, newmarket, auckland, new zealand.
the terms and conditions under which you may purchase products from www.moochi.co.nz are set out below. please read the following terms and conditions carefully before placing your order with moochi. by completing the order process and using www.moochi.co.nz you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
1) the agreement
the entire agreement between you and moochi for the purchase of goods by you from moochi is:
(a) these conditions; and (b) the terms of the order.
the agreement exists between you and moochi, once moochi receives and accepts an order. no obligation to sell or supply the goods will arise until the order is received and accepted. each order may be accepted by moochi at its absolute discretion. each order is a separate agreement.
2) purchase orders and delivery of goods
you will place an order with moochi by selecting goods, entering your personal and payment details and pressing the "complete order" button.
anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods shall be presumed by moochi to be authorised to receive the goods on your behalf.
(a) to the adult person who placed the order, or
if there is no-one at the delivery address at time of delivery you will need to make alternate arrangements regarding a suitable time with the carrier. you may be required to pay an additional fee. deliveries will occur between 7.00am-6pm monday to friday. exact times cannot be given.
delivery charges cover packaging, delivery and insurance.
3) risk and title
risk and title in the goods passes to you upon delivery of the goods to the delivery address.
if you are not satisfied with the goods you have purchased, you may contact moochi at email@example.com or +64 9 358 2138 within 3 days of receiving your goods to request a return authorisation (ra).
merchandise in saleable condition with all original tags attached may be exchanged for another size or for a store credit when accompanied by the original order receipt, an online store return form and ra number.
after 10 days sales are final. all sale items, phone orders and pre orders are final upon purchase. no price adjustments.
returns must be by registered post. moochi will not be responsible for return shipping costs nor duty reimbursement in the case of international purchases (other than faulty items).
items you exchange for a different size it will be shipped at our cost. if we do not have the required size in stock you will be granted a refund. if you change your mind, the garment you exchange it for will incur postage costs. if you wish to exchange your item for an alternative style, we suggest that you return it for a store credit and purchase the new item separately.
if you are outside of new zealand you will need to pay for duties and taxes on the replacement item (other than faulty items).
4) price of goods and payment
all prices shown are in new zealand dollars (NZD$)
you agree to pay the delivery and handling charges. you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country and/or state you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
you shall pay for the goods at the time you order. debit card, mastercard and visa are accepted by moochi. the name which will appear on your statement for your purchase is moochi.
5) packaging and labeling of goods
all goods sent out by moochi will be sent out in the most suitable packaging for the item/items purchased to ensure protection of the item. care labels will appear on all garments and should be followed strictly.
you are licensed to use the moochi website on your computer for your use in purchasing goods from moochi. you acknowledge that you are not permitted to make any other use of the moochi website.
7) intellectual property rights
you acknowledge that moochi or its related corporations own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in moochi (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs or text which appears on the website). you agree that you will make no representation to the contrary, and that you must not use or copy moochi in any manner which is inconsistent with the rights of the owner or licensee of such intellectual property rights.
you acknowledge that any trademarks or logos which appear on the moochi website are owned by or licensed to moochi, and that you must not do anything to prejudice the rights of the trade mark owner or licensee to such trademarks or logos.
to the extent permitted by law, you agree that any liability of moochi arising out of or in connection with any breach of any express or implied warranty or condition in respect of goods or services supplied to you through use of moochi will be limited to:
(a) if the condition relates to goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; and
(b) if the condition relates to services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
you agree that the entire risk arising out of installation, downloading, use or performance of moochi remains with you. to the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge moochi and its related corporations from all forms of direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of profits, loss of data or loss or damage that may reasonably have been supposed to have been in the contemplation of the parties as at the date of this agreement) arising out of or in connection with moochi or this agreement, including, without limitation, loss or damage caused by the negligence of moochi or its related corporations.
if you are issued with a password by moochi, you agree to take responsibility for the safekeeping of your password. you are liable if an unauthorised person uses your password. you agree to release and forever indemnify moochi in relation to any liability howsoever arising out of the unauthorised use of your password.
10) notification of changes
moochi may add to, delete, or otherwise change any of the terms of this agreement. your use of the moochi service will constitute your deemed acceptance of such changes.
standard promotion terms & conditions
these standard terms and conditions for promotions are in addition to any specific terms and conditions advertised as part of a promotion. if there is a contradiction between the advertised terms and the terms on this page, the advertised terms take precident.
1) Entry into any promotion and/or redeeming the promotional offer is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions together with any specific terms as advertised. Any inconsistancy between these terms and any specific terms advertised the specific terms with prevail.
2) The promotion commences and finishes on the dates and times advertised, the ‘Promotion Period’. Any discrepancy of this period will be resolved at the sole descretion of the Promoter.
3) Entrants may redeem the Promotional Offer only once prior to the expiry date. If no expiry date is advertised, then the expiry date of the offer is 7 days from the date the offer was made
4) The Promotional Products and/or Promotional Offer is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
5) The Promotional Offer can not be transferred to an open layby, or used as a form of payment towards a layby
6) The Promotional Offer cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including itself, unless otherwise stated.
7) Moochi Money cannot be redeemed on a purchase in conjunction with any Promotional Offer
8) Moochi Money points cannot be accumulated on a purchase in conjunction with any Promotional Offer
9) The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any Promotional Product or Promotional Offer) at any time in its sole discretion.
10) To enter the Promotion or redeem the Promotional Offer you must have a customer account with current and valid personal details, including but not limited to, full name and email address. Failure to provide these details may mean you are ineligible to redeem and/or enter the promotion
11) For any purchases made at one of the Promoter’s websites that qualify for an exchange or refund, in accordance with our terms and conditions of sale, the Promotional Offer may be redeemed again if it is still within the Promotion Period.
13) The Promoter is Clothing Journey New Zealand Limited, trading as Moochi, 15 Hargreaves Street, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
14) Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries or redemptions, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error.
15) The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries and/or redemptions in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
16) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a Promotional Product and/or Promotional Offer where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
17) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18) All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
20) These terms and conditions in no way are intended to limit your rights under the consumer guarantees act. If it is found that there is a limitation to the consumers rights then that portion of the terms that cause the limitation will be disreguarded to the point of not limiting the consumers rights. All other parts of the terms will remain in full effect.
21) Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.